Image Map

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Blueberry-Peach Breakfast Crisp

Print Friendly and PDF Do you love fruit crisp?  It has always been one of my favorite desserts, with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top. . . Yum!  Well, I woke up this morning with a craving for some fruity crispiness.  I couldn't justify all of the butter and brown sugar for a meal, so I decided to try a healthier version.  Fruit Crisp for breakfast... Oh, yes!!  



In my search for recipes, nothing was quite fitting what I had in mind. After combining a little of this and a little of that, I came up with a most delicious concoction!  I had some frozen peaches and blueberries in my freezer, so that's what I used- but you could really substitute any fruit in this recipe. 




For the Fruit Filling:
1 c. blueberries
1 1/2 c. cut peaches
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. applesauce
1 Tbsp. cornstarch

For the Topping:
1 1/4 c. oats
1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp softened butter
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1.2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of salt.


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix the fruit filling and pour into a square baking dish.  Mix the ingredients for the topping and pour evenly over the top. Bake for 30-40 minutes- until bubbly and golden brown on top. 



Serve warm~ it is delicious with a little dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt on top!

This is so sweet an delicious- I may just change up my dessert one and not let anyone in on the secret...



1 comments:

Meg Falciani said...

This looks delicious - golden and crispy! I'd love it if you'd share your recipe over at my Pinterest party! http://www.adventureswithjude.com/2013/08/sunday-sharing-pinterest-party-week-5.html I found this through Pinterest and am repinning - I can't wait to try! I have blueberries and peaches in my fridge right now. My gang may be seeing this for dinner tonight!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Image Map