EASY Homemade Brownie Mixes

I tried something new and love it. 

I really like store-bought brownie mixes. I have made lots of homemade brownies before and I like them, too. But there is something special about those boxed ones that I just can't describe.  I decided to make my own brownie mixes and it worked GREAT! I haven't bought brownie mixes for a while now because these ones are really just as good! Plus, they are cheap and easy to throw together.


The first time I made the brownies my son said: "Mom these taste like real brownies!"  This really made me laugh that he thinks "real brownies" can only come from a box mix. But, I was happy to score a point for having them taste like the box mix brownies he is used to!





Here is what you need to make the mixes:

1 1/4 c. flour
2/3 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 c. sugar

Mix all of these together and store in a Ziploc bag or other airtight container.  


To prepare the brownies add:
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. melted butter

Mix and pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes. 










Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
These look so yummy!

I think I need to go bake some ASAP. Thank for sharing!

Powerful Mothering
How long does the mix last in an airtight container before baking?
Unknown said…
I am not entirely sure- I have had mine for several months now & they are still great. I would guess that as long as all of your ingredients are fresh they will last for a long time.
Unknown said…
I'm making these as we speak! HUGE batch! And I happened to have all the ingredients at home!
carmen said…
Have you tried adding any other ingredients like choc. chips or peanut butter chips?
zanny said…
Love this recipe. thank you. husband not a cake person but i love to bake a treat for everyone's b-day,so brownies were the request. School started this week busy was able to make this with thing i had on hand and they tasted wonderful. This is a keeper.
Jada Christian said…
Do think think this could be made in a deep 9x9 pan? Would you need to adjust the temp or baking time??
Unknown said…
I am sure it would be fine. You would cook it at the sea temperature, just for longer since it is thinner. I would guess up to 10 minutes longer, but you'll need to check it to be sure.