No-Fail Egg Noodles

You know those thick yummy home-made noodles in chicken noodle soup.  That's what these are.  They are so good.  I absolutely LOVE them.  I made a pot of chicken noodle soup with these and it seriously makes the soup so much better.  It is a true comfort food for me.  They are really easy to make.  You can double them and freeze them for later if you want, too.  Or, they can be stored in the fridge for a few days for later use as well. 


Homemade Egg Noodles

1 egg
2 egg yolks
3 Tbsp cold water
1 tsp salt
2 c. flour
Beat the eggs until light and fluffy.  Add the remaining ingredients.  Knead until smooth. 


 Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/8" thickness.  Cut into strips- I just used a pizza cutter.  You can store them in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months.  Cook 7-9 minutes in boiling water.  Serve any way you like- but they are fabulous in chicken soup!




Comments

Claire Justine said…
Thanks for sharing this with us at Creative Monday :)
Oh my goodness, this sounds perfect. My husband and I were just discussing making our own noodles. Thank you do much for this wonderful recipe. Hugs!
I've been wanting to make a vegetable/noodle soup and my husband has been bugging me to try making my own noodles - thank you for posting this recipe! Would live for youto share this one at my link party: http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com/p/link-party.html
Have a fantastic day!